270 Franz Valley School Rd
270 Franz Valley School Rd, Calistoga
Private Calistoga retreat located on scenic Franz Valley School Road just five minutes to downtown and within easy reach of Napa Valley's best vineyards, restaurants and shopping. Constructed in 2017, this three-bedroom, three-bath estate on 28 acres, features magical mountain views, top Cabernet vines, orchards, raised gardens, bee hives, chicken coops and hundreds of olive trees.
Beautifully constructed to capture indoor-outdoor living, the 3,300 sq. ft. main home features premier finishes and stone throughout. In the great room, ceilings soar over 32 feet tall while wide-plank oak paves the floors.
There are generous living and dining spaces near the grand stone fireplace, and NanaWall doors opening to a massive patio. Designed by Wendy Manley, the professional kitchen includes custom cabinets and creamy onyx subway tile backsplashes. The suite of top tier stainless steel appliances includes a glass-door Sub-Zero refrigerator, hooded Wolf range with pot filler and wine refrigerator.
Each spacious bedroom in the home boasts direct outdoor access. The serene corner master suite includes an immense custom closet/dressing area and spa-like en-suite bathroom lined with Carrara marble and natural stone, and featuring a freestanding tub, walk-in shower and dual-sink vanity.
- Main Home: 3,300 SQ FT
- Attached garage: 490 SQFT
- Basement: 1,957 SQ FT
- Second garage/game room structure: 2,400 SQ FT
- 32’6 ceiling in main room
- Oak floors throughout
- NanaWall for living area opens entire room to outdoor patio and fire pit
- Large loggia on deck with 20 miles of views
- Extensive use of granite and marbles throughout home
- 1,957-square-foot basement — perfect for a wine cellar or home theater
- 490-square-foot attached garage
- 2,400-square-foot garage/game room
- Professional chefs kitchen with hardwood custom cabinets and marble countertops by award winning designer Wendy Manley
- Top-of-the-line stainless steel appliances including 48-inch glass-door Sub-Zero refrigerator, hooded 48-inch Wolf range with pot filler, drawer microwave, dishwasher and a massive wine refrigerator with dual cooling zones
- Fruit orchard with 30 species of fruit trees
- 200 Italian and Spanish olive trees
- 6,000 Cabernet Vines
- 28 varieties of hops
- Two log cabin coops with egg-laying hens
- 6 honey producing bee hives
- Two wells and an extensive, timed irrigation system
- Heirloom vegetable garden and gourmet herb garden
- Dozens of flowering plants, including roses, sunflowers, dahlias, irises and lavender
Additional Landscaping Information:
- Many acres of gardens, flower cutting and vegetable table production, hundreds of olive and fruit trees
- Two log cabin chicken coops and two garden tuff sheds with cement floors (with as many as 30 chickens which produce about 300 eggs per year each)
- Large Heirloom vegetable garden surrounded by perennial flower beds and rock walls
- Climbing roses and clematis on house and barn
- Established fruit orchard (65 proven varieties), including: apples, quince, pears, peaches, plums, apricots, persimmons, blackberries, raspberry, kiwi, table grapes, pomegranate, pluots, Asian plums, and figs.
- Dahlia cutting garden
- Antique bearded iris garden
- Gourmet herb garden
- Lavender beds
- Italian and Spanish olive trees
- Asparagus beds
- Artichoke beds
- Variety of egg laying hens (blue, brown and white)
- Guinea hens
- 6 hives which produce approx. 20 pounds of honey per hive annually
- Well: 850 FT well with unlimited water. Water softener and UV light filter for pure clean water.
- Irrigation: Miles of irrigation throughout property to all trees and flowers property all on timers for low dependable usage.
- Engineered road throughout
- Storage buildings for garden and maintenance permanent on foundations